FROM EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS
DANIEL HANDLER AND BARRY SONNENFELD
A TAKE 5 PRODUCTION
TO DEBUT ON NETFLIX
Thank you for your interest, but this production is not currently accepting submissions.
This page is hosted by Cast It Talent and Cast It. You can be included in the database
that studios and casting offices use every day to cast their projects by joining www.castittalent.com
To hear more about our latest opportunities, as well as advice for the acting community, you can sign up for our FREE newsletter here
Based on the best-selling book series, the journey of the Baudelaire orphans is brought to life as they outwit the villainous Count Olaf while unraveling the mystery of the mysterious death of their parents. The epic series will be executive produced by Barry Sonnenfeld, who will also direct a number of episodes, and Daniel Handler, legal, literary and social representative for Lemony Snicket.
VIOLET: Female, 11-14-years-old - a young, not-too-mature 14-year-old. She is self-confident, capable and smart beyond her years. She helps her brother and sister solve problems with her skills as an inventor. She is the eldest and a natural leader of the group. (SERIES REGULAR)
KLAUS: Male, 10-13-years-old. He is the middle child in the family. He's very smart and is a voracious reader. He loves books. He is charming. (SERIES REGULAR)
HOW TO AUDITION:
Auditions are open to anyone worldwide that fits the descriptions above. The series will shoot in Vancouver starting in March 2016.
- Following the steps to the right under To Submit Online, Download the instructions/sides for the role you are auditioning for: Violet or Klaus.
- Film your audition & You can do this with a smartphone, computer, or video camera.
- Return to this page and then select one of the options to the right: I'm New To Cast It Talent or I'm A Cast It Talent Member, complete the audition form, and upload your video.
It's that easy!
YOUR AUDITION SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A "Slate" where you introduce yourself - your name & where you are from.
- If you are a girl, please read the Violet scene. If you are a boy, please read the Klaus scene. When you register on Cast It, you will receive a copy of the scene.
Start by zooming the camera out as wide as possible for a full body shot, then zoom in for your medium headshot (chest up). For your audition, the camera should be zoomed in to frame from the top of your head to just below your shoulders. If you have technical trouble with your video or upload, please contact CAST IT.
If you have creative questions about the scenes, please email email@example.com